About Me:

I used to weigh 375 lb. Mid July 2010 my grandfather passed away from complications with diabetes. I saw first hand what I was going towards. It was not pretty. In August of the same year I began this journey to lose weight and become more fit. Many don't know this but at first it was a journey to try and play College Football. (I know a long shot) Over the months of running and gym workouts I found a love for running and cycling. I combined that love and did my first Triathlon in June 2011. With that I pushed to see what the limit was. I have run more races than I can count, 5k's, half marathons, marathons, and Ironman Arizona. Doors have opened in my life that I never thought possible. Moving back to Maryland I trained as an EMT/Firefighter along with becoming a terp at UMD. There I joined the Maryland Triathlon team GO TERPS!! In the Summer of 2014 I will be joining others on a bike ride called the 4K for Cancer from Baltimore to San Francisco to help raise money for the Ulman Cancer Fund For Young Adults. Today I weigh 245 lb and life is good. This is my journey:

Sunday, January 29, 2012

Start off your week right

MONDAY brings a little motivation

“If you stop at your limits you might as well be dead. Seriously, if you always put limits on what you can do, physical or anything else, it’ll spread over into the rest of your life. It’ll spread into your work, into your morality, into your entire being. There are no limits. There are plateaus, but you must not stay there, you must go beyond them. If it kills you, it kills you. A man must constantly exceed his level.” - Bruce Lee.






We have to get beyond the mental aspect of each physical decision we make or we'll go nowhere. You can't run a marathon.. THE HELL I CAN'T.
I thought everyone reading this could use that going into the 2nd week of this blog. Keep up the healthy choices everyone. I'm about to hit the hay, going to bike and swim tomorrow I think, possibly throw in a run if Calculus doesn't kill me. The scale doesn't matter anymore. I can feel the weight coming off, the jeans are loose, the belt another notch. Size 36x36 here I come. I wonder if they even make that width with the length. shit...

No comments:

Post a Comment