About Me:

I used to weigh 375 lb. Mid July 2010 my grandfather passed away from complications with diabetes. I saw first hand what I was going towards. It was not pretty. In August of the same year I began this journey to lose weight and become more fit. Many don't know this but at first it was a journey to try and play College Football. (I know a long shot) Over the months of running and gym workouts I found a love for running and cycling. I combined that love and did my first Triathlon in June 2011. With that I pushed to see what the limit was. I have run more races than I can count, 5k's, half marathons, marathons, and Ironman Arizona. Doors have opened in my life that I never thought possible. Moving back to Maryland I trained as an EMT/Firefighter along with becoming a terp at UMD. There I joined the Maryland Triathlon team GO TERPS!! In the Summer of 2014 I will be joining others on a bike ride called the 4K for Cancer from Baltimore to San Francisco to help raise money for the Ulman Cancer Fund For Young Adults. Today I weigh 245 lb and life is good. This is my journey:

Saturday, February 11, 2012

Run and Bike Workout

Nearly week 4 of this blog


Today was a run of about 7.5 miles at a pace of 9 min/mile. It was snowing and I was catching snowflakes on my tongue lol. This was the first run where I actually felt it was winter. The wind was blowing hard, the snow was coming down. Is winter finally here in Maryland? Just got off an hour cycle on the trainer, seems like The Hangover is that much better on the bike and it makes time fly by. However, since it was on cable all the good scenes had parts missing or words bleeped. Sucking down a can of mandarin oranges at the moment and it will be an early bed tonight. Contemplating Steelhead 70.3 in August before the full Ironman in Arizona come November. A lot of members of the Annapolis Tri Club are doing it so I am definitely considering it as it could be great preparation for Arizona. Steelhead is however in Michigan so we'll see.


PS: thought this was some funny logic :) enjoy



No comments:

Post a Comment