About Me:

I used to weigh 375 lb. Mid July 2010 my grandfather passed away from complications with diabetes. I saw first hand what I was going towards. It was not pretty. In August of the same year I began this journey to lose weight and become more fit. Many don't know this but at first it was a journey to try and play College Football. (I know a long shot) Over the months of running and gym workouts I found a love for running and cycling. I combined that love and did my first Triathlon in June 2011. With that I pushed to see what the limit was. I have run more races than I can count, 5k's, half marathons, marathons, and Ironman Arizona. Doors have opened in my life that I never thought possible. Moving back to Maryland I trained as an EMT/Firefighter along with becoming a terp at UMD. There I joined the Maryland Triathlon team GO TERPS!! In the Summer of 2014 I will be joining others on a bike ride called the 4K for Cancer from Baltimore to San Francisco to help raise money for the Ulman Cancer Fund For Young Adults. Today I weigh 245 lb and life is good. This is my journey:

Monday, February 27, 2012

A case of the Mondays :)

Ran 9 miles today and had a pain in my side on the way back. Had to walk like 1.5 miles at the end. It's been an overall good day. I got a few messages from people asking for advice and am really please I can help others. It really brightens my day to help other people in their own journey towards a healthier life. One of the biggest questions I get is on diet so the short answer is eliminate soda and fast food and there you go. The longer answer is you really have to balance your protein and carbs out and get more fruits and vegetables. What you ate now you may regret later when it comes to desserts. A chocolate bar just isn't worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment